Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Rain in Paris






for Kraft Journal's spring cards and There she goes stamp kraft cardstock.

I've used shimmer spray to get the rain effect. The flower is the same type I made for the Tuesday trigger a few weeks ago - die cut flowers from 20 sheets of silk paper. Then I almost drenched it in spray which caused the "petals" to curl up - which I think gave it a really nice look and when it all dried the flower was golden and much harder than before - which was a great effect (and great if you're planning to send your card by mail) and I will definately be making more flowers like this for my cards in the future.


Have a great week, hugs Karin

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous....silk paper blooms? NICE!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh! This is gorgeous, Karin! SO love your vintage style. Love all the neutrals too, and what a cool effect with the spray. Gorgeous flower, as well.
Thanks for playing along with us again at the Kraft Journal.

Kristina said...

Wow Karin, this is fantastic!! I love love the neutral color pallet and the flower is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

FLEUR de Lo said...

B! E! A! U! T! I! F! U! L! Thanks for the tips on your flower. It is stunning!!! I'm going to need some of those. :)

Tara Godfrey said...

Gorgeous vintage card, Karin.Love that butterfly and the gorgeous flowers!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge!
Hugs,t

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow, what a beautiful color combination for a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

shelly said...

very pretty :) i adore the color combo and that pretty flower.

veronica said...

i always love that tower on cards!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kari! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Helen F. said...

So beautiful, Karin. I love all the Paris images and the soft romantic colors...of course, the flower is oh so pretty here too :o)

Amy said...

Another beautiful card. I love that butterfly! And the flowers....MWAH!
Thanks for joining the fun at Prickley Pear.