Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Inspiration Journal October Challenge: In disguise

Hi Everyone!
I am here today to invite you to come and play along in another fun challenge at the Inspiration Journal!

This month’s challenge is called    In Disguise! "This should include using something and transforming it OR using an item in a way that is different. Before you start making something awesome be sure to pop over to the Inspiration Journal blog to check out what my super talented teamies have created to inspire you! There are always lots of fun, beautiful and amazingly inspiring projects.

When you are done, link up your Project at the Inspiration Journal blog. The contest will run until midnight, 2014.
From all the submissions a random winner will be chosen and awarded $50 Emporium Dollars.  Woohoo!!! Remember, you may enter as many times as you wish to improve your chances so share, share, share! We can’t wait to see what you are creating.


Here's my sample - I used salt in a different way to create my snowy sky on this card;




I painted the sky using my Winsor Newton Watercolors (paynes gray. Ultramarine and Cobalt)
and before it had dried I sprinkled on coarse salt and let that dry with the paint. The saltgrain then soaks up the water and some of the paint next to it creating beautiful little blooms or crystals.


I then diecut a rectangle using Lawn Fawn's stitched rectangles and added some stamped and colored trees from Paper Smooches set;  before stamping the sentiment.




Most of the supplies I used for this card can be found at ;  Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code peppermint to save 10% when you go shopping.



For this card I used:

Dies:  Lawn Fawn  
Stamps:  Paper Smooches 
Ink;  Archival Jet Black
Paints or markers; Winsor Newton water colors 
Adhesive; Plus Glue tape  Glue Dots   Foam adhesive; EK tools
Salt

Remember;  US shipping is always just $5 and international shipping is ONLY $10! I just LOVE that!!!!



 

I'm entering this card for the  Anything goes challenge at PaperSmooches SPARKS and the "Try a Technique" at Make the day special.

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

12 comments:

Jenna ♥ said...

Wonderful card, Karin!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, that is just soooo cool, Karin! Your card is gorgeous! Love the woodland scene. And what an amazing technique with the salt!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm trying this today!! So pretty, Karin =] Michele

Lisa Elton said...

So cute Karin!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that salty sky!

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful, serene Christmas scene. Love the technique to create that gorgeous sky.

Kara said...

love it!

Lisa H said...

great salt effect! it does look just like a snowy sky. =)

Indy's Designs said...

I LOVE this background! You are so, so talented!
Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I'd completely forgotten about the salt technique. You used to great effect!

Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia

Jenny said...

ooo now this is quite a different technique, love how the salt gives texture to the card and yep..... perfect for snow :0) Wonderful card Karin.
Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x