Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Watercolors; Learning from Bill Vrscak



Hi!
It is Sunday and I am here  to share a new watercolor! Being a mom to a 6-year-old and working full-time as a teacher I can't always afford to wait for inspiration to paint to come - I have to make use of the time when I'm given some (-: - like when Mikael takes Ted skating on a Sunday afternoon for example. But what if I don't have any inspiration at all -this is what I do - I find a painting - usually one I've saved on Pinterest because I liked it- and try to copy it. I try to figure out what the artist has done to create the look and feeling in the painting that I like. This time I worked from a painting by Bill Vrscak.



If you want to see more of my watercolors you can either click the "My Watercolors" button in the top list or in my Watercolors file on Pinterest; http://www.pinterest.com/peppermint42/watercolors - the paintings there are not only by me, though I wish because I've collected some favorites!

Have a great Sunday, hugs, Karin

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Karin, your paintings are always impressive, I love the colour tones in this winter scene, the sky is incredible and the tree is just fabulous! A stunning painting!

Irene said...

Absolutely beautiful! I keep staring to figure out how you did it...thanks for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

I enjoy your painting so much Karin, thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! I love how there's great detail, but also some fading/blending.

Kara Lynne said...

Your watercolor paintings are always breathtaking and this one is no exception!