Thursday, February 11, 2016

Card stock storage/organization with MFT

Hi and welcome to the last day of  My Favorite Things  storage/organazation series where I and my teamies share how we store our MFT goodies. Today is all about cardstock and stencils.  I have diecut a little tag from all the different cardstock colors I own and put them on a chain ring - a ring I found in Ted's (my son's) "Everything Box) LOL - they often come with reflectors for clothes. I then write the name on the back so I can easily find out what color I have used or want to use.




I have all my cardstock in a bookshelf in the plastic folders they come in but on my desk I keep a magazine holder with plastic folders - one for each color category. I start with two new sheets of each color of cardstock and as I use them I slip the scraps back into the same folder. 
As I am writing this I realized that when I have the time I will make a frontsheet (or rather back sheet because I think it is inspiring just to look at these beautiful folders as they are with all the juicy colors shining through ) for each plastic folder to see which colors I'm supposed to find in each one.




On my desk I also keep a little metal tinbox with samples of all the cardstock colors I have and I just love flipping through it for inspiration. It is perfect for finding new wonderful color combos to use for cards or other projects.


These were just some I pulled out  - Aren't they sipmly lovely? I might start taking photos like this one to save for future projects!



Hope you have enjoyed this feature as much as I have. After having seen all the other girls' posts and even when writing my own LOL I got a lot of new ideas !



Make sure you vist the MFT blog where there are links to my teamies who also share their organaization tips.





Have a great day, hugs, Karin

No comments: