Sunday, February 5, 2017

Guest designing for Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge !

I am so super excited to be guest designing for the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge!!!!
I was especially inspired by the three pictures in the upper left hand corner and made two cards:



For my first card I used the some of the amazing stamps from the beautiful set  essentials-by-ellen-- mondo-peony. I stamped it with Antique Linen (Ranger's distress ink) and then colored it using watercolors from Daniel Smith.
The leaves are first stamped with distress ink;  peeled paint and then while the ink was wet I added some watercolor that I let blend with the ink to get a more lively result.

The background is dry embossed using a snowfall embossing fiolder.





For my second card I diecut the pretty poppy seed flower from the wonderful set ; EE Wild garden by Julie Ebersole. I then colored them with copics and then I covered them with glitter and stickles and when that had dried I covered them with glossy accent.
I created a cardbase and panel from white cardstock and used the same embossing folder as for my first card. The flowers are adhered to the card with foam adhesive.






Here are the inspiration photos. Aren't they just wonderful?


I hope you are inspired to play along. All the info you need to play along can be found HERE at the Ellen Hutson CLASSroom blog.
2016/11/essentials-by-ellen-january-pin-sights-challenge.html
Please include the Pin-Sights challenge badge in your post (attached below) linking back to the permalink above
The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store  To be eligible, you MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and the photo badge as inspiration. There will be an inlinkz on the challenge post where they can submit.


These are the supplies I used;

Stamps; Mondo-peony-by-julie-ebersole
Woodland Wonder by Avery Elle

Cream Cardstock: Neenah-classic-crest-classic-cream-25-pk
Bazzill-card-shoppe-cardstock-marshmallow
Solar white neena:

Dies:
Stitched Oval Frame

Wild-garden-by-julie-ebersole

Die-namics-inside-out-stitched-circle-stax

Stitched rectangle; Dienamics blueprint 20

Embossing Folder: Snowfall

Ink: Distress ink: Peeled Paint, Antique Linen

Glitter: Stickles
Glossy Accent

Copic Markers B01 , B02, BG49  BG09 YG 23 YG25, YG67

Can't wait to see what you create!

Have a great day! Hugs, Karin

I will also share these here:

http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.se/ - something new
Copic Marker Norge: Winter, Copic Marker Sverige: Hva som helst, men ikke jul , ,Hjerteboden: Blått, hvitt, sølv(glitter !?) pluss valgfritt tema vinter , Hobbygarasjen: Embossing ,KaBoks: RomantikkKort o Mania: Alt er lov, Kreativ Scrapping: Alt er lov ,Papirdesign: Feiring ,Papirplaneten: VinterScrap from your Heart: Vinterstemning uten jul (Frist: 28. januar)








29 comments:

Kittie said...

Your water coloring is absolutely stunning. What gorgeous projects.

Jeanne said...

I'm not sure what other words I can come up with to express my delight in seeing your beautiful watercolors. I keep saying gorgeous. And that's because that is what I feel. They are gorgeous. You achieve such wonderful color and depth. I'm not an artist by any stretch, but your work touches my heart. These two cards are deceptively simple and oh so visually pleasing. Congratulations and you did a fabulous job! Hugs! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Can you even imagine how thrilled I am to be guesting alongside you? The beauty of your card cannot be expressed in words ... breathtakingly beautiful is the best I can do! xx
=]

Happy Dance said...

I often think how cards, and art in general, should evoke emotion. Your work, whether in card form or watercolored paintings, always, always bring feeling to the viewer. My first reaction to your cards today was, "ohhhhh...." Minute detail, clean design, and how you bring the eye to the focal point makes me just smile. Two examples of excellence and loveliness. Congrats on being GD at EbEPSC. I'll be thinking of these cards all day... Bev

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely stunning Karin!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning cards Karen! The colouring is so beautiful in both!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY, congrats on guesting Karin. Your cards are fabulous. I especially like the first one, what a beauty!!

Earline said...

Beautiful card love it

Earline said...

Beautiful card love it

Kristine Henanger said...

Nydelig kort :)
Tusen takk for at du deltar på Papirdesign sin utfordring :)
Håper du får en fin helg :)

Klem fra DT Kristine

Bente Årstad said...

Lekkert kort:)
Takk for at du scrapper med oss hos Papirplaneten, DT Bente:)

Bente Årstad said...

Stilig kort:)
Takk for at du scrapper med oss hos kaBoks, DT Bente:)

Bente Årstad said...

Et vakkert og rent kort:)
Takk for at du scrapper med oss hos kaBoks, DT Bente:)

Nora Noll said...

I am in love with these cards!! The way you painted the first peony is just fabulous. I love the white behind it, making the flower center stage. The second card with the sparkles on the flowers is also stunning. I like how in both flowers, you shaded a bit of green into the flower as well. Both designs are stunning!!

Heidi said...

Nydelig CS kort.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrap from your heart.

DT-Heidi

Michelle Lupton said...

Karin, these are gorgeous - your watercolouring is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

Kreativelena said...

Fantastisk flotte kort. Det første traff meg veldig, da pion er min absolutte favoritt blomst, og vannfarger er mitt favoritt medium.
Tusen takk for at du scrapper med oss i kaBoks :-)

Ane said...

Hei! Nydelig kort! Men ser du har lagt den til feil utfordring..alt lov er ferdig..nå er det shabby/vintage hos kort o mania.. 😊 DT Ane

gosti said...

Ooh, love this elegant card; lovely coloring and great design:-)
Thanks for scrapping with us at Kreativ Scrapping.
Best wishes from Sigrid

Miriam Prantner said...

The watercoloring on that peony is amazing and I LOVE the sparkle on the die cuts!

Zelda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Saw your cards at the Pin-Sights Challenge and had to head over to your blog. Your work is just fantastic! Love, love your paintings!! All I can say is WOW!!

Jorunn`s scrapperier said...

Å så nydelig. Flott med den embossede bakgrunnen og flotte blomsten
Takk for at du deltar hos Hobbygarasjen.no
DT Jorunn Elin

Julia said...

Nydelig kort!
Stilfullt og lekkert satt sammen.
Tusen takk for at du deltar hos oss i Hobbygarasjen.
DT Julia

creative lady said...

Wow, love your watercoloring! The image and the layout of your card is very nice. Thanks for playing along with A Blog Named Hero.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I love. Love. Loved these on Instagram... bad me for not stopping by!!!! Amazing colors!!! Gorgeous designs!!!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous works of art Karin~the blues are STUNNING!

Gitte said...

De kort er så smukke og stilrene.
1000 tak for din deltagelse i KaBoks udfordringen.
Mvh DT Gitte

Greta said...

Your watercolored flower card is stunning & I just adore the sparkly flowers--gotta add that set to my wishlist! You always inspire me, Karin!

Kjersti said...

Nydelig vinterkort i kalde, klare farger!
Takk for at du deltar hos CMN denne gangen, lykke til i trekningen!
Klem fra Kjersti:)